“Buried Things” by Satyen Rohti
|
Author: Satyen
Rohit |
|
|
|
|
|
Genre: Short Stories |
Buried Things,
is a collection of ten short stories spread across roughly 100 pages. Rooted in
exceptional lives, the book explores various emotions like humanity, longing,
sibling love/rivalry, marriage, love, parental love, and many more. with an
honesty that is both unsettling and deeply moving. Rather than offering escape
or comfort, the collection demands emotional engagement and reflection.
I started the
book like any other, first few pages I felt like “Ok the story is still
building, and suddenly my eyes flew wide open; and I felt a rush of emotions
towards the surface. And the same continued with rest of the stories. While
reading I kept a note of all the chapters which I would love, however; I ended
up writing almost all the titles. I was so impressed by the stories that after
each chapter I would take a break just sit with it to absorb the emotions and
just letting it sink in.
The Only
difficult part is the patience one needs to have while reading the initial
pages; until things finally fall in to place. I also loved the cover and design
of the book. The Language of the book is easy and free flowing. Each chapter
takes you to new place, new setting, new characters and entire new emotions.
And as I concluded the book; only to find out that this his debut collection;
which even surprised, impress and inspire me more and more.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Comments
Post a Comment